Thursday, February 5, 2009

Detox: Day 9-11

There are many words that I would like to give this program, but unfortunately they are no more than 4 letters and are not appropriate. It's amazing, when I was on a bland diet over the summer it did not bother me. A lot of chicken, cooked vegetables, applesauce, yogurt, whole wheat carbs, anything easy to digest; NOT A PROBLEM! Shakes, pills, chicken, organic vegetables, and some fruit; PROBLEM! I guess because I was not the one to initiate this and am just being supportive, my heart is not in it. I crave everything under the moon and I know it does not help David. I feel like the worst wife ever, because I'm ready to call it quits and I know he's easy to tempt.
The program says that you are to see the following things while on this and here's how I feel:
  • Lose Weight= Check- I've leveled out at 5 lbs, and David has leveled out at about 10 lbs. If you look at him, you can really tell that he's lost in his face and stomach area. He looks awesome!
  • More Energy= Failed- I've actually felt less energetic while on this. On Monday, I was still stuffy and dragging after resting a lot this past weekend. So Tuesday, I quit taking the Complete powder that comes with the program and replaced it with the liquid vitamin that David and I were taking before. I've felt so much more energy throughout my day. So I've continued the vitamins and am okay that I'm cheating in this aspect.
  • Trained Yourself to Eat Better= Depends- I've also added Kashi Heart to Heart Cereral back for my snacks, which is nothing different for me from before this program. With all the vegetables/shakes that I was eating/drinking, I just couldn't seem to fill up. With adding that and continuing to eat chicken other times, I've noticed that I don't eat as much. So although I'm craving all these foods, I would like to think that my smaller portions are under control. I will though be going to buy a small bag of Doritos next week!
  • Better Health= Questionable- While I was taking everything and eating only veggies, I was sick. I was still stuffy at the beginning of the week. The day that I took my liquid vitamin, I was no longer stuffy that afternoon. Did my whatever just run it's course or was this program not helping aide in the fight? Since then I've been great. I've even had 6 students go home sick with the flu this week, and have felt nothing! ALWAYS A POSITIVE!!!

With all of this said, David and I question quitting every step we take. It's seriously more of a battle than anything. I can handle my sixth graders better than I can this, which I know doesn't say a lot. We came close last night to quitting, but David backed out when he knew that I would blog about it. So we've decided that we can make it until next Friday and will probably never do this again! If you're questioning on whether or not you should do something like this, my greatest advice is that your heart has to be in it. In fact, we have tons of material still left! ;)

No comments: