Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ultrasound vs. Sonogram

Tomorrow I go to a Radiology Center for my first ever ultrasound. I've quickly learned the hard way that it is not called a sonogram. I accidentally said that a couple of times, causing a chain reaction, beginning with many people's jaws dropping, followed by clapping with slight squeals of joy, and finally the popular questions began, "When did you find out? When are you due? Were you trying?". I had to quickly correct myself, knowing how fast things can travel. I was terrified that my ever hopeful mother would hear those words two hours away, without me blinking an eye.
My ultrasound is to look at my gall bladder, liver, and pancreas. I'm trying not to get my hopes up that they will find something, that is easily curable, and this will all be done with. So instead I say a prayer that a wise wise man once told David, "I don't say a prayer that God will heal me, because it can question my faith if he doesn't. Instead, I ask for him to help me deal with what is going on." So if you're looking for something to add to your prayer list, please ask God to allow me to deal with whatever results come of this the next few days. And NO MOTHER, please don't add to your list anything having to deal with a sonogram.

1 comment:

Liz said...

That is interesting that so many people relate sonogram to baby sonogram, and don't with the word ultrasound. I have always used them as either/or- they're both the same to me. When do you find out all the results?

I will definitely add you to my list- you've been through so much this summer- you deserve a break!