Monday, January 19, 2009

World Hunger Relief

I love this website, www.freerice.com ! It's a website that will ask you questions with multiple choice answers. If you get the question right then the UN will donate 10 grains of rice for everyone that you get correct to a third world country. The question gets more difficult with the more that you get correct, kind of like the GRE. The question subjects that you can choose from are: Art (famous paintings), Chemistry, English (vocabulary/grammar), Geography, Foreign Language (Spanish, Italian, French, German), and Mathematics (Basic/Multiplication). Not only do I play it with my kids at school, but I'll sometimes get a second to sit down and play. I got to play this morning and am still trying to figure out if it's a good thing that I got more Spanish words correct then I did with English vocabulary. I mean who knows what 'swashbuckling' is?

3 comments:

jordan said...

...no idea what swashbuckling is...did you ever find out??

Erin said...

According to my husband, everyone knows what 'swasbuckling' is. It means adventurous!

Liz said...

Well I don't know what swashbuckling is, but I was able to donate 700 grains of rice in one sitting! (Gotta love those multiplication tables!) That's a great site- I'll definitely do that again!