Sunday, March 22, 2009

Eleven more Mondays

I'm sad to see Spring Break end, it never seems like enough time. I joked with everyone that I believe God cut the hours in our day from 24 to 15. I'm quite serious, and continually talk to him about this. While on a good note, he's brought to my attention that I only have 11 more Mondays until summer.
My Spring Break started off with spending a great time with my parents and sister. The only thing that was missing was David and Paul. David had to stay and work. He says he has to work extra hard, and try to make enough money to support my spending habits while I'm off from work. I believe I saw a few posters with my picture and the headlines 'Don't Sell to this Girl for ANY Reason!' at a few Targets and Sonics. Daisy Mae went with me, and of course loved the spoiled time from her grandparents. Everything to them was so cute, we are still having to re-train her. David on the other hand was not used to how quiet the house is without us girls. In fact, I think he actually missed us and our noises (even the bitching).
I came back on Monday afternoon, to spend the next few days on our back porch reading books, daily attending Sonic's Happy Hour (What a rush that is! A large for .80$, can't get better than that.), having to go to Target daily, getting frozen yogurt with the greatest niece and nephew, all followed by more reading on the porch. I had the greatest time, and the best weather to enjoy it in.
On Friday, David and I dropped Daisy Mae off at her other grandparent's house and headed to the Hilton that is only 15 miles away. Although we were in the same town, it was so relaxing. We walked the trail around the hotel, actually had conversations that were not interupted, went to a nice dinner, sat in a hot tub, had dessert and champagne, and had breakfast the next morning. I would highly recommend this to anyone who feels like they need to get away from the hum-drum of everyday life.
This weekend, was filled with planting flowers, dinner with family, church with friends, more shopping, and just enjoying life. I'm so truly blessed to have had a wonderful Spring Break and am so grateful to everyone that helped me enjoy it! You all will never be able to know how much I needed it. So now here's to 11 more Mondays...

1 comment:

Liz said...

Wow- 11 Mondays left. Actually 10 because it's late Monday night as I type. YAY! Oh my gosh that whole Hilton things sounds just blissful! I might have to hint to Chris that I need one too. Glad you had an enjoyable spring break!