Monday, March 9, 2009
Slow Down...
I remember sitting in Bible Study about a month ago, going over our current study Making Room for Life. We sat there boasting about our life and how we were able to do this and to do that, because we had plenty of time for everything. Boy, have I learned to shut my mouth! It seems as though, we haven't been able to sit down since then. Thankfully, we were given a nice break on Sunday. David taught our Bible Study class (He did great by the way!), went out to lunch with some friends, then went for a lovely walk with Daisy Mae, and then decided to have David's family over for dinner. Unfortunately, today has seemed to pick up again. In our study, we've read about this man who has based his family life upon the Hebrew law. In this law, he says that you are to work from 6 a.m.-6 p.m. At 6 p.m. all work, including house work is to stop (I'm all for this, but realistically it doesn't work.). From 6-8 p.m., you are to have dinner, which includes preparation, the actual meal/discussions, and clean-up. From 8-10 p.m. is to be family/quiet time. Throughout this time, you can watch minimal T.V., read books, play games, pray, listen to music, etc. I believe that this sounds ideal, but unfortunately many of our jobs don't go by the Hebrew law. What I've taken from this is to make the most of the time that you have, no matter how big or small.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment