David Up-date: I was able to talk to him for about two minutes the other night. I realized within a second that I miss my best friend and talking to him everyday. What was excitement turned into tears, because I wanted to just keep talking. Through my emotional mess, I was able to talk to him and here's what little info I got from him. He is loving his time there, but his body is soar. I know that Thursday was their last day in the village and they would be handing out all the supplies that they had collected for them. We bought a bunch of jelly bracelets for the little girls there, and I can't wait to hear how they reacted to them. He always says that it's so hard not to just go out and buy everything for them, because you know that they are in such great need. I'm proud of him for all that he's been able to accomplish this week, and know that he's changed lives. But I'm ready for him to come home!
On Wednesday, David had this beautiful bouqet of flowers sent to my school. I was so touched, that it I forgot that Yogurteria closed, and didn't go to Target after all. Instead, Daisy Mae and I curled up on the couch with a blanket and read a book. I'm so excited that he returns tomorrow and probably won't sleep at all tonight. Thank you to all my friends, that kept me company this week. I truly would not have made it if it were not for your company. So thank you from the bottom of my heart!
On a side note from Daisy Mae, herself, please no one call for at least 24 hours after David returns. He will be occupied, with playing chase in the backyard, walking on the trail, and receiving kisses from ear to ear ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment