Friday, January 23, 2009

Parting is such sweet sorrow...

David and I begin a 21 day detox tomorrow to remove the toxins in our bodies. I've never been one to get into organic food and worrying about spraying chemicals on our lawn. David on the other hand, has gotten into the organic gardening and food. This is primarily the reason why I don't take him with me to the grocery store, my bill seems to double. Although after listening to a seminar last week, I can see how our bodies contain lots of things that we don't know about, and how it can affect everything. So here's what our lives will look like for the next 21 days.

Days 1-10
  • Shake- at least two a day but can be up to five, which contain frozen fruit, juice, some special protein powder, and more protein (I have to make sure I have enough energy to keep up with 6th graders)
  • Fiber pills- 3 pills, 3 times a day (You know where we'll be partying!)
  • Cleansing pills- 7 pills, 3 times a day (Once again more partying!)
  • Meals- We can have certain types of vegetables that help aide in the cleansing process. We are to have at least half of these vegetables raw and the others we can cook in butter with sea salt. That's right, I said butter. Studies are finding out that it's better for you than margarine. We can have any sort of fruit that ends in berry. Although we are to have twice as many vegetables than fruit. ( Now after reading this you're probably thinking that I was the one that had to convince David to do this, but it's opposite. This was his idea and I'm being a supportive wife. So pray for our household with him not getting meat.)

Day 11-21

  • Shakes- follow the procedure above
  • Fiber pills- Oh yeah, the party continues!
  • Green pills- 3 pills, 3 times a day
  • Meals- Here is where we can bring in some meat. We can have either fish, chicken, or lean steak. Although the piece of meat can be no bigger than the size of our palm and no thicker than our hand. Then we can add in whole grain rice. Keep the same thing with fruits and vegetables.

We're hoping a few things come out of this. Number one we lose some weight that shouldn't be on us. Number two we train our bodies to eat healthy. The last one is just to feel better and build up our bodies that we've been rough on. We're also praying that they are correct in the fact that my birth control will not be affected by this, and we will not have to name our first born Detox.

I will let you all know how this goes, please pray for us!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow. I can't believe Dave signed up for this! I'd love to try something like this - maybe after I'm done nursing. I'll be excited to hear how it goes! Good luck!

Liz said...

So does Market street have options that support this? Because I'm worried Dave might wither away if they don't.

In all seriousness, that's awesome- I hope it works out for you! :) And yes, good luck from me too!